Sunday, July 28, 2013

Peggy by Alberon Dolls

Though I had decided to focus on fashion dolls (such as Monster High),  the most recent addition to my collection is this little cutie - Peggy, by Alberon  Dolls.


Alberon is a British doll company, founded in London in 1977. Peggy is 14" and was released in the 1990's.
The most I've seen her sell for is about £13, pristine yet unboxed.  I got mine for £3 at a car boot sale.


I was looking at her for two weeks in a row before I decided to buy her - and I'm really glad I did. She's adorable - I especially love her eyes.
I guess my only complaint with her is that the teddy bear kinda looks like it has a piercing, haha.

Neck stamp and back of dress. The zip fastening makes it obvious that it's a modern doll.
Tags. I think the tags are complete; it kind of seems like something is missing from the back of the first, though.
A photo with friends! I love how she looks like she's waving when placed like this.
The bear she's posing with is a 2002 TY Beanie Classic "Java". The photo really doesn't show just how gorgeous Java is - his fur is soft and shiny, and also has clear hairs mixed in that catch the light and sparkle. In the correct light, he looks amazing! I'll do a review of him later, though. The bear to the back left is a Hamley's bear. I'm unsure of the production year, but I'm assuming it's no older than 2005. To the back right, there is the bear that was made for Grattan's 100th anniversary. It probably has no collection value, but my mum go it from them so in turn it was given to me and I still like it quite a lot.


That's all for this post, but incase you're wondering, this is my photography set up (try and see if you can spot anything that's soon to be reviewed here! haha)

5 comments:

  1. I bought this doll named 'Helen' on her label for £4.50 in a charity shop. I think she's really cute and my granddaughter loved her. So we were upset when within hours of their arrival the left hand was broken in mysterious circumstances. Whether it was her or the beastly 4yr old brother is unclear. We have finally found most of the hand, but she is likely to go through life missing a finger. Great shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine is Helen too, on tag there is no sticker, and mine is with rocking chair as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty interesting. I know for a fact she was released on QVC as 'Peggy'. Maybe she was re-released as Helen?

      Delete
  3. I have just looked up Alberon Company and it says that they are an active (dormant) company incorporated on 4th October 1999 in Kent. There address is in Dartford not London and not 1977. Just wondered where you got your information from Please as would like to know. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, that's unusual. I could understand the mix-up between London and Kent, seeing as Dartford is on the border between it and London, but they year is really off. I don't remember exactly, I believe it was a British doll store website though.

      Delete