Monday, July 29, 2013

Monster High: Draculaura - Scaris

First off, please excuse me for the less-that-fantastic photos this time around - my cat decided to take over my photography setup.
What are you doing? Stupid human.

So I'm moving here. The lighting is crappy so the pictures won't be as good as last time, but I'll still be able to get my point across.

This is Draculaura -  Scaris version!
I've yet to watch the movie, but she was the best-looking and cheapest doll at the time. ( I didn't have the option to look elsewhere, was paying in store credit.)
Despite this, I really like Draculaura. Before I'd watched the series, someone explained her personality to me, and I thought I'd hate her - but now I've watched most of the series, she's my favourite character!

One thing I really love about Monster High dolls are their details. That said, I'm a little disappointed that Draculaura's fangs aren't sculpted, but they still look pretty good.

The shirt design is pretty awesome. I really love the colours and the pattern. Another thing was that her hair messes up really easily - After a few poses it desperately needed brushing.

That being said, I think the skirt is rather plain - it seems more like something you'd find on a My Scene doll. The skirt also doesn't fit her perfectly - but other than that, I do like ruffles.

Shoes (worn by Frankie, as this is an old photo. The new ones just didn't turn out.)! The shoes are really simple, but fit with the rest of the outfit well. They also fit just as well with just about any other monster's outfit!

But as we all know, the best thing about Monster High dolls is the joints! They're really high quality and move really well. Also, the arms and hands are both detachable and replaceable.

There was only one accessory - a bag. It's pretty cute, but nowhere near as detailed as anything else. The two sides of the bag also pop apart really easily.

The fun part - changing clothes! I had to remove her hands to be able to remove the shirt. The skirt also had a strange strap on the inside that went around her leg. Once the clothes do  come off, though....

 ...One thing that does bother me is how skinny MH dolls are. No clothes from any other doll line fits them (though Bratz clothes look like they may)! But then again, that may be intentional. The back is also bent a little strangely, but this is probably an attempt at having the doll stand up straight.

To prove my point about the clothes, I put Draculaura into a Barbie swimsuit. Looks fine, right?

How about now that I've taken the hair tie off? It's huge!

Trying on some Barbie sleepwear.

In the end, this Sindy (?) dress was only one item of clothing that didn't look massively oversized on her, and it was due to style rather than size. However, it's not even remotely Draculaura's style...

Back in her own clothing - much better!
That's all for now. I'll be covering more Monster High dolls in the future - I currently own Roller Maze Frankie Stein, Scaris Catrine DeMew, and Robecca Steam (she, however, has a factory defect...one of her arms was missing. Only noticed after I bought it, unfortunately.)

Bonus - Frankie!



No comments:

Post a Comment