Sunday, August 18, 2013

Carboot Loot

I know I haven't been all too active, lately - but that's mainly because I've been scouting car boots like crazy! I've gotten ahold of quite a lot of really awesome stuff while on my search.
Post contains all sorts of things including Monster High, Classic Bratz, Pokemon, and more.

(All are quick phone photos, sorry!)


Classic Bratz

 I always wanted Bratz dolls when I was a kid. It wasn't that my parents didn't allow me to get them - it was that by the time they came out in designs I liked, toy-exclusive shops were being fazed out of the highstreet where I lived, so my local Woolworths just didn't get the stock in. Also because I was spending all my parents' money on video games by then. Still, I played the games and collected the magazines.
 I've had plenty of chances to buy them at bootsales since, but I didn't know enough about the doll lines, and I wasn't big into buying non-anime fashion dolls... but since I once again fell in love with fashion dolls, I thought it couldn't hurt to get a few, especially when I saw some in some pretty irresistible clothing.

Now, I'm horribly rusty on my Bratz characters - but I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is Tessa. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I also got this one because of the similar clothing style - I'm assuming they're of the same line. I'm assuming this is Phoebe. Her hair is all over the place and'll need some work - some water and fabric softener should do it.

 
And this I'm pretty sure is Yasmin. Her hair is less messy than Phoebe's, it'll still need some work. I really, really love the design of her top~

I really adore these doll cases, though. They fit eight dolls each, and have three 'pages' which can hold three sets of accessories each, and then have three more compartments; I'm assuming for clothes, shoes and bags.

 They're really useful for keeping dolls in nice condition, keeping their accessories together, and keeping them dust-free. They're a little hard to find, but they're really fantastic!

Monster High

I also got this MH backpack. Unlike most bags made for 'kids', it's massive, and the straps can be adjusted to be really long - even I only have them about halfway. I can carry bunches of books and dolls in this thing and still have room~

If you'll excuse the terrible photo - I got this MH Design Lab for £10 - they're usually around £30! I'll do a complete review and unboxing of this later, but I'm not sure if I'm actually going to use it... = 3 = To use it or to keep it pristine for collector value. Decisions, decisions!

Pokemon
There's also this Polly Pocket-style Pokemon toy; infact, this is my second one. I'd bought the first on ebay.
Even though they're not really dolls, they're too cute to pass up...

 And More

I also got these cute chairs... they're probably Barbie (Mattel 2002 is on the underside of the seats), but they're perfect for displaying dolls with.

Bonus! I actually got these from a toy giveaway. They're so unbelievably cute, my mum couldn't even look at them, haha.

That's all for today! I'll make a more detailed post on the Design Lab maybe this week. If not, I'll be back next weekend with more boot stuff.~



No comments:

Post a Comment